Hohol sa Bohol (Pangalawang Araw)

Okay, so it's not August or Filipino language month anymore, but we ring in and welcome the -ber months!! Now that it's September, Christmas decor stalls are would most probably be up on the streets for sale! 2013 flew by in a jiffy, don't you think? I've been extra busy with school lately since the term's ending and there are a lot of requirements to meet. However, at the end of the rainbow awaits my long term break on the 6th to the 9th! How much can a busy bee like me do on one weekend and two weekdays? Probably a movie marathon, a bookathon or hibernation, maybe? Hahaha! 

Back to my travel diary on my recent trip to Bohol (see day one here), on the second day, we visited one of the oldest churches in Bohol, the smallest primate in the world and the country's most famous humps! Magpapatalo ba si Fergie? lol!



Our first stop was Baclayon Church, a 1727 coral stone church in Region 7. It is also one of the oldest in Asia and also among the best-preserved Jesuit-built churches in the Philippines. We were also able to go to the museum beside it where some relics and artwork that dated back in Spanish period were displayed. We weren't allowed to take pictures though. There's something really special about this church. Outside, there are two walls that have images of Padre Pio and a Mother and a child, respectively.



The 'roof' above the preacher's pulpit served as a "sounding board" to project the priest's voice to the congregation. 
The balcony is where only the dignitaries are allowed stay when they attend church during the old days.


The church stair banisters are made of corals and eggwhites glued together. They were "cement" in the old days. Awesome how they're still stuck together, right?
This pipe organ right here in the balcony (upper right) has been restored recently for a huge amount of money.
Mother and child
I have a bad habit for squinting my eyes when the light hurts my eyes outside.. haha
One thing I was excited for that day was to see a Tarsier! I jokingly request my dad to bring me home a Tarsier as pasalubong everytime he has business trips to Bohol. In reality, this is a big no-no. Tarsiers are now endangered and are being preserved at the Tarsier Conservation Area. Tarsiers mate and only produce one per year so these cute creatures really need total TLC. The world's tiniest primates are nocturnal, which meant that they were asleep when we saw them. As much as I wanted to see their cute bawling eyes, I didn't want to disturb their beauty sleep. I was lucky to see one insomniac though,  it was about the size of my palm! So adorable!





Selfie with the Tarsy!

Last of course was the world famous Chocolate Hills! They weren't "chocolatey" at this time of the year since their brown, chocolate colors show up when it's hot which is during summer. We ascended over 200 steps up and I was able to face my fear of heights. The weather was really cold, the breeze just ran through my face and I felt infinite since I was in high elevation. The clouds and fog had this really awesome smoke effect in the pictures. Of course I had a photo op with my "trademark" flexibility stunt I learned in ice skating, the Scorpion (in ice skating terms, the Bielman).










My brothers and I couldn't leave Bohol without taking a dip at the pool so when we got back at the hotel we swam at The Bellevue Hotel's Infinity Pool.











The following day we went back to Manila in which frustrated me since it became sunny on the day we left. I'm still thankful that I visited Bohol. I had a short, good vacation!