Sweet Sixteen on the Seventeenth



Hello, readers! It's been almost two months since I made my last post- I've been really busy lately! Two months of being a high school senior's been stressful but fun. Despite of having piles of papers to accomplish, college application forms to fill up, lots of reading and studying for the CET's, tests and quizzes to ace and home works and projects to submit, I've got seven months left to make the most out of my high school life. Behind the stress and exhaustions, at the end of the day, I still sleep with a smile on my face because I if not for Him, I would not be able to do these things. (Philippians 4:13. This is my motto in life and my favorite Bible verse).

Last month was the birth month of my best friend, Ica! She's been my best friend since first year high school and she is like a sister to me. It's bizarre that we have so much in common! She knows everything about me- from the basics to secrets. She's been there for me through my ups and downs, and she has loved and accepted me for who I am. I'm really blessed and thankful to have her in my life. To show her my token of appreciation, I wanted to make her feel extra special on her day.

July 17 was Ica's birthday which fell on a Tuesday, a school day. My class decided to give her a card where each and every one of us would get to greet and say his or her personal wish for Ica. Luckily, Ica was oblivious that the card was being passed around the classroom for the whole day! The card was actually an unused folder- it printed "Happy Birthday Ica" across the two sides with greetings and wishes written in different colors and penmanships. Since I didn't have space to write anymore and I had a lot of things to say to her, I just took a sheet of paper, wrote my message for Ica and stapled it to the card, ha ha!

After school, Ica planned to go to the nearby Starbucks since she has been craving for a frappuchino for the longest time. A few classmates, including my other best friend Anna and I accompanied her to celebrate her birthday. Little did she know that we prepared a short surprise for her.

While I asked Ica to accompany me to the restroom, I asked Anna, and my two other classmates Cynthia and Dana to set up her cake. I bought a slice of Oreo Cheesecake and brought a match and candle for her to blow. As we approached and got closer to our table from the restroom, Dana, Cynthia, Anna and I started to sing her a happy birthday and she was surprised with what we put together for her. She closed her eyes, made a wish, blew her candle and thanked us endlessly and confessed that she did not expect what we prepared for her. She was even more surprised when we gave her the card because we told her that the card was being passed around the classroom and she didn't notice. 

We took sips on our frappés as while we watched the video coverage of my Sweet Sixteen. It was fun to watch and reminisce that night. We wanted to relive that night again, hopefully we'd do something similar as that after everything's over. At the end of the day, Ica was really happy. If she's happy, so am I. :)


See that white sheet on the upper right? Yep, that's mine. ;P 




Isn't the candle too big for a birthday candle? =))


Cynthia, Dana, Anna and the birthday girl!