The Greatest Love of All ♡

Whitney Houston
August 9, 1963 – February 11, 2012

“Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all.” – Whitney Houston’s “The Greatest Love of All”

I am saddened by the news that this legendary singer passed away a few days ago. Dearest Whitney, you will be always be remembered. You never failed to touch the hearts of many fans. We will never forget you. May you rest in peace.

A friend of mine asked me to define what love is.  Love? It’s a one syllable word that consists of four letters. Commonly used, but its meaning is also commonly mistaken. Is it when sparks fly, when you see your crush, or when someone mentions his or her name, that you feel you’re in love? Is it when you see someone attractive, and you get “star strucked”, or perhaps, "love at first sight"? Or, is it when you hear the “angelic” voice of *insert the name of your favorite singer*, that swoons you away? Well, the examples I mentioned above isn’t merely how I define love. Love to me, simply, is God.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." This is how love is defined in 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7 in the Bible. Since God IS love, what is described in the passage describes Him, which in my opinion, makes perfect sense. We have a perfect and awesome God that loves us way beyond limits. He loved us so much, that He sent his son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. He SACRIFICED his Son for us, just because He loves us. That kind of love is so great, so perfect. We love, because HE first loved US. Because God’s love is perfect, there is no fear in love, for the perfect kind of love drives out fear. (1 John 4:18) Isn’t that amazing? Even if we are afraid to fall in love with someone, or perhaps, if someone stops loving you, God will always be there to love each and everyone of us whole-heartedly and eternally. 



Last February 13, our school did not have classes in celebration of Teacher's Day! It's a day where we honor our teachers and thank them for all the hard work and sacrifices they have done for us students. Our teachers are like our second parents. Just like our own parents, they love and they care for us, and they want what's best for us. I am blessed to have good teachers! 



I spent the day of hearts with the people dearest to my heart. It was a school holiday (Teacher's Day), so my classmates, a couple of seniors and I, went out. We first watched The Vow (I cried so much upon watching this movie, not minding how wet my classmate KC's hanky is. Haha. Thank you for lending it to me, KC! Lol), went Laser Tagging, and went to my classmate Kim's house for lantern floating (which sadly, I was not able to join, for I had to leave and head home already. Sigh. :P)

My "Manong" Jon and I!

Goofing off with Rei and Karl!

In line for popcorn with my cousin Chelsea and classmate, Sho.

THANK YOU FOR LETTING MY TEARS DROWN IN YOUR HANKY. I LOVE YOU. :-)

@ Tutti Fruitti in Centris Station!

With Justin and Rei!


On the evening of February 14, it is a tradition in my mom's family that we celebrate "the LOVEly night" together. We had DELICIOUS steak for dinner! It was the BEST steak I ever tasted in my entire life. We had a simple Valentine's Day Dinner at my Grandparents' house.

My brother Yanboy, with cousins Anikin and Anika.




Cousin Anikin, persuading me to take and take and take photos of him. I am not surprised that this little boy is photogenic..










My Tita Audrey really set the mood up in the back part of the house! She did a good job!

My beautiful mom, my brother Tyron, Yanboy and Anikin.

The night's outfit!
Blouse from Charlotte Russe
Skirt from Mango
Belt from /bench

Tita Audrey, mommy and Tita Miles! (The sisters.)

The cousins: Yanboy, Anika, Chelsea, (standing up) Ate Princess and Kuya DJ, Tyron, me, and Anikin.

The 'rents: (L-R) Mom, dad, Tito Jidge, Tita Miles, Tita Audrey and Tito Joe.

I surely enjoyed the two Valentine's Day celebrations with the people closest to my heart and the people I love. Thank You Lord, for the gift of love. ♥