LEAP 2K14: Fancy Blogging 101


De La Salle University - Manila holds its University Week around February annually. Imagine a grander and bigger high school fair with the abundance of bazaars, carnival rides, food stalls and the like! I enjoyed my first University Week as a Lasallian very much not just because of the shopping galore but also because of the Lasallian Enrichment Alternative Program (LEAP)


Photo Credits: Konichiwear
For one day, each student gets to pick a fun-filled activity/enrichment class to attend - may it be journalism 101, pole dancing, beauty and makeup application, paintball, personality development, Instagram - food photo taking and many others. These are what make Univ Week extra fun and more memorable. Plus, you get to acquire a skill and meet fellow Lasallians! In my case,  I picked Fancy Blogging 101. I wanted to meet and know more about blogging and its people so I signed up for this class. Dominique Tiu of Konichiwear and Paul Chuapoco of Paul The PR Guy.

Photo Credits: Konichiwear



Dominique looked taller and a lot prettier in person. Just like most famous fashion bloggers today, she started at 2009 where the industry broke out. She considers herself lucky in meeting the right people that time. Her blog name "KONICHIWEAR" is inspired by her love for Japanese posts and American style. She explained the basics, do's & don'ts and answered the FAQ's in starting a fashion blog. She also shared savvy and neat tips and tricks in maintaining a blog. You can see more of her talk here.

Photo Credits: Konichiwear



Paul, on the other hand, cracked up the audience in his talk. He shared how to take good photos for a fashion blog. I learned a lot from what he shared since I don't consider myself a good photographer (which reminds me, I reallyyyyy need to have my camera fixed because phone photos aren't enough huhu). He finds inspirations in other bloggers like David Guison. He thinks that variation is a big factor in keeping your blog interesting. He says he isn't predictable when it comes to his style. However, he confessed he felt like wearing green for the talk due reasons of green as DLSU's school color. As he jokingly said, he tried to be "sipsip" or a suck-up to us. Haha!


Of course I couldn't let the day pass without a photo with them. They're two of the many bloggers I look up to. Crossing them off in my bucketlist in meeting one of the country's most renowned bloggers. Check!