Island In The Sun (Day One)

Do you believe in love at first sight? Frankly I don't, well not until I set foot in the sandy shores of El Nido, Palawan. My family and I spent a four day three night vacation at Pangulasian Island, also known as the "Island In The Sun". This was a much awaited family vacation and I am very fortunate and blessed to have a memorable stay. Since it was my first time to go to Palawan, I had no idea what to expect other than 'another beach in the Philippines to get toasted'. I was wrong. This beach, this place, this ISLAND and the experience itself is definetly like no other.

At the airport, we were greeted by the locals of Palawan with a cheerful song. A speedboat took my family and I to Pangulasian and even far away, upon approaching the island itself, we felt the very WARM welcome from the manager, Sir Franck Merot, and the other staff of the resort already because they were waving to us with the biggest smiles on their faces, despite the scorching heat that burnt their skin. Our room is nested 59 steps above the ground where you can enjoy a fabulous view of the sunrise and sunset on the beach. Oh, and did I mention they have the friendliest, kindest and most reliable staff EVER? Approach or call them anytime, they're very much obliged to assist you. The whole island (actually, the WHOLE El Nido!) had very strong signal so I had no problems connecting with friends back home.

 
Isn't this the cutest boarding pass ever?!
Bracelets from Tomato


That day, my family and I just took a dip at the Infinity Pool.
My summer must have's:
sunnies, a hat, my Polaroid, a headband, my Urbanearz earphones, my iPhone 4s and a good read! (So far Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher's good!






See also: